We are a small UK and Malawi-based charity supporting community-driven sustainable development projects in Malawi. Our projects help vulnerable children, their families and communities.
Our work is driven by the communities we work with and places children at the centre of development. We believe that all children and their communities should have the resources and assistance to ensure that all children can grow and develop in their communities free of hunger and with access to education and basic health care.
Since we began in 1999, we have worked with communities near Blantyre to achieve the following:
- Improved school facilities in primary and secondary schools by building classrooms, libraries and latrines
- Set up 22 community-based childcare centres for children aged 2-6 years and continue to run 14 of these
- Supported over 1800 young people to stay in secondary school education
- Run regular mobile health clinics reaching 1500 children every year
- Distributed emergency food aid and supported community rebuilding after flooding.